ସତ୍ୟର ଜାଗ୍ରତ ପ୍ରହରୀ

Curfew continues indefinitely in Balesore

Curfew has been imposed in the city of Balesore since yesterday. The crackdown has been implemented late at night. A city-wide curfew has been imposed to bring the situation under control in the city of Balesore, which has been in turmoil due to gang clashes. Balesore SP Sagarika Nath informed that curfew has been issued for an indefinite period in the entire city of Balesore. An emergency meeting was held at the Balesore Town police station yesterday at around 2 o’clock.

Balasore MP Pratap Shadangi, Sadar MLA Manas Dutt, Balasore District Collector Ashish Thackeray and Balesore SP Sagarika Nath Magar attended the meeting and reviewed the situation. Later, curfew was issued from last night. All commercial establishments, including supermarkets, schools and colleges, will remain closed during the curfew. Internet will also be closed in sensitive areas. In addition, the police administration has appealed to people not to leave their homes. The city was in chaos yesterday after the clash between two groups in the city of Balesore.

After that, the entire city has been cordoned off. An appeal is being made by the administration to enforce the curfew restrictions on postal machinery and to maintain peace. It is worth mentioning that yesterday there was a clash between two groups near Bhuzhakhia Pir in the city due to some reason. Later, both the groups clashed and the force was accused of pelting stones. The police lathicharged to control the situation. 4 to 5 people were injured in the chaos and 15 to 20 lanes were vandalized. Even late at night, there were incidents like vandalism and burning of shop furniture in some places of Suilpur and Dapatrasahir areas. With the two groups clashing in the presence of the police. They threw stones at each other. The general public, the police and some media representatives were injured in the stone pelting. Later, an indefinite curfew was issued in the entire city of Balesore.

Latest news